Subscribe to CAPtv

UP Coming "Event Update"

Donate to support our Mission

USD

Passionate about making a difference. #CAPUpdate

Warrant Officer Marx Crouse
In that two years I served six months in South West Africa (now called Namibia). That is when I realised that the military was not for me. I wanted to do more for the community and one cannot make a difference in the community if they work in the military


Warrant Officer Marx Crouse is a sector two manager at Cleveland SAPS. He has been working at the SAPS for 30 years.

“As sector manager, I work as a middleman between the residents and the SAPS. I build better relationships between residents and the SAPS to understand community needs regarding crime. I organise and run sector crime forum meetings once a month at theKensington Bowling Club,” said W/O Crouse.

“I started my career in the military. I went to military training in Zeerust, North West Provincein 1984 and was selected to go to the school of armour in Bloemfontein. I completed my training in December 1985. In those two years I served six months in South West Africa (now called Namibia). That is when I realised that the military was not for me. I wanted to do more for the community and one cannot make a difference in the community if they work in the military.

“I was appointed a student constable in June 1986 at Kirkwood, Eastern Cape. Two days later I took up training at the Pretoria SAPS West College. After the SAPS training I was placed at the Johannesburg Flying Squad in Brixton in November 1986. I worked for the Johannesburg Flying Squad for four-and-a-half years,” said W/O Crouse.

“In May 1991 I was transferred from Johannesburg Flying Squad to Cleveland SAPS and I have never looked back. I prefer working for the SAPS than the military because the SAPS can do more for the community.

“There are many challenges one faces while working for the SAPS. I was once shot at Cleveland railway station while patrolling in October 1993. You have to have the passion for the people. I have been a sector manager since 2008,” he said.

#CityAlertPlus #CAP
Follow us on social media

Comments

People Also Read

Mark Angel Comedy in another style 2000 WORDS (Episode 107) #CAPcomedy

CAP on Google Map

Contact CAP

Name

Email *

Message *

Click DONATE to Help A child today if you CAN.