Janet Jackson is currently expecting her first child and the public has known very few details about the singer's pregnancy, until now.
Back in May, E! News reported that the 50-year-old was preparing to start a family with her husband, Wissam Al Mana, after she was forced to postpone her Unbreakable world tour due to doctor's orders.
At the time, a source News that Janet was in the second trimester of her pregnancy and that she and her husband had been working with a fertility specialist for quite a while.
So given that she and her partner have kept so much of their private life out of the public eye, what do we know about Janet's plans to become a mother for the very first time? Read on for many, many questions answered.
1. She's Not Using a Surrogate: Janet's brother Tito Jackson explained on SiriusXM's Andy Cohen Live that the Grammy-winning singer is carrying her own child. He added that she's doing "very well pregnant, very pregnant."
2. She Doesn't Know the Sex of Her Baby: According to Tito, Janet is only "hoping for a healthy baby" and neither she nor Wissam know what they have welcoming to the world just yet.
3. She's Already Got Her Parenting Style Down: Janet's older brother Jermaine opened up recently to reporters about how she'll be as a new mama, saying, "She'll be a great mother because she is tough, very strict."
Jermaine, who was at the AltaMed's Power Up We Are the Future Gala in Los Angeles, also added, "We look at her like our little baby and now she's grown and having a baby."
4. She's Always Wanted Kids: Back in 2009, Janet opened up to Harper's Bazaar about her wishes to have a family of her own one day. "Sure, I'd adopt and I think that if I'm really supposed to have kids, it will happen, if that's God's plan for me."
5. Janet's Siblings Are Over the Moon: Jermaine couldn't help but gush to reporters about the newest member of the Jackson family, proclaiming, "I tell her, ‘If you need any parenting skills or baby skills, let me know because I'm the best diaper changer there is on the planet, still to this day!'"
He lovingly added, "I can't wait to see how this baby is going to look."
And it's only a matter of time before Janet and Wissam's little bundle of joy meets all of his extended family members!