Wednesday, 10 August 2016

DA says coalition talks ongoing #CAPNews


DA leader Mmusi Maimane told supporters that the DA do not intend to work with the African National Congress (ANC) because the ruling party divides people on the basis of race and are corrupt. 



JOHANNESBURG - The Democratic Alliance dismissed “ANC-inspired rumours” that coalition agreements have been reached, saying negotiations were ongoing.
“This includes Luthuli House’s desperate spin that the DA was horse-trading control of metros. These are the last kicks of a dying horse, desperate to cling onto power using misinformation,” chairperson of the DA’s Federal Executive James Selfe said in a statement.
“The DA will continue with its negotiations in earnest with the clear objective of putting together governments that give effect to the majority of the electorates’ rejection of the ANC and its management of local government.”
He said this would require establishing “workable, well-governed municipalities and metros” that would create jobs as well as deliver services and bring corruption to a stop.
“DA-led governments will do this by making use of the pool of skills and talent that already exist in many of the existing administrations,” he said.
“There will be no ‘purging’ of staff — every person who works hard, in the best interests of the people, and is qualified to do the job, will be welcome. Indeed, positions are not awarded on the basis of political allegiances in DA-run towns and cities.”
Selfe said that the electorate gave political parties a “clear mandate” to form a government that would give effect to change by “kicking out the ANC which has failed them by putting corruption first and services last”.
He said the DA would continue with negotiations in the spirit of the mandate.
On Tuesday morning, speaking at the DA’s ‘Thank you Tshwane’ Rally held at Freedom Park, DA leader Mmusi Maimane said the party was still talking with other parties to form a coalition.
He said the DA would not compromise their values and would only form a coalition with people who support their vision.
“If you agree with us that we must deliver for poor people, if you agree with us that we can’t stand for corruption, if you agree with us that we must be a non-racial movement, if you agree with us that we can’t hire bo chomi (friends) in the municipality, if you agree that South Africa is for blacks, coloured, Indians and whites, I’m writing to you so that you can come and we govern,” Maimane said at the time.
“If you don’t agree with us we won’t compromise because we are not desperate to govern. We want to be a party that benefits the people.”
Maimane told supporters that the DA do not intend to work with the African National Congress (ANC) because the ruling party divides people on the basis of race and are corrupt.
The parties have 14 days to form a governing coalition. If there are no agreements with the given days, the constitution provides provincial and national authorities to intervene.

#CityAlertPlus #CAP 
Follow us on social media

Panayiotou murder suspect back in court #CAPNews

PORT ELIZABETH - Zolani Sibeko is expected to appear in the Port Elizabeth magistrate’s court on Friday in connection with the April 2015 murder of Eastern Cape school teacher Jayde Panayiotou.

It is more than a year since the school teacher’s murder and Sibeko is the fifth person arrested for the alleged crime.
Jayde’s husband, Christopher Panayiotou, is accused of masterminding her kidnapping and murder in April last year, allegedly for financial reasons.
The State alleges Panayiotou paid Luthando Siyoni, a bouncer at his Infinity nightclub, to hire hitman Sizwezakhe Vumazonke to kidnap and kill his wife, Jayde.
Siyoni has since become a section 204 witness, which means he is indemnified from prosecution if the court is satisfied at the end of the trial that he testified openly and honestly.
According to the State, Sinethemba Nenembe helped Vumazonke kidnap and kill Jayde at the behest of her husband.
Prosecutor Marius Stander indicated earlier this week that he would oppose bail as the crime Sibeko faces is very serious. It is a schedule six offence.
Stander said the State was still trying to establish if Sibeko was, in fact, 35 years old.
He said that Sibeko insisted that his surname was "Roxo" but the state was also still trying to verify this. Fingerprint testing would be done.
Stander added that the case against Sibeko would be transferred to the Port Elizabeth High Court, where he will be tried on October 10.
Police arrested Sibeko at his parent’s home in Greenbushes on Sunday.
Using cellphone plotting, police investigations placed Sibeko at the Stellen Glen complex with other suspects when the alleged kidnapping took place.
It emerged in court that Sibeko has previous convictions and a warrant for his arrest in another matter was outstanding.
Sibeko is facing charges of conspiracy to commit murder, robbery with aggravating circumstances, kidnapping, murder and unlawful possession of a firearm and ammunition.

#CityAlertPlus #CAP 
Follow us on social media

Monday, 8 August 2016

Enjoy Cassper Nyovest Ft. Casey Veggies - 428 TO LA #CAPMusicVideo

Cassper Nyovest to Fill Up Orlando Stadium #FillUpOrlandoStadium #29October #CAPUpdate


Click here to buy your ticket
Jozi doppest Rapper and The Gusheshe hit maker Cassper Nyovest is now about to fill up Orlando Stadium after his huge Fill Up The Dome success. The rapper announced on his twitter that tickets are now available at | Computicket |
See on Twitter

 Follow Cassper Nyovest on social media for more update
 IG | Twitter

Follow us on social media
#CityAlertPlus #CAP 

Bitcoin exchange customers lose 36% of their money after hack #CAPBusinessupdate


Bitcoin owners targeted by hackers last week may lose about 36% of their money.

Hong Kong-based Bitfinex said it's working to reopen the exchange by Monday. The platform was shut down on August 3 after 119,756 bitcoins, worth more than $65 million based on exchange rates at the time, were stolen from some users' accounts.
Bitfinex said it decided "after much thought, analysis and consultations" to generalize the losses across all users. That means even people who weren't affected by the hack will find that 36% of the value of their accounts will be replaced by a "token" labeled BFX.
The company said it will use those tokens to keep track of customers' losses and will work to compensate the accounts in the future. Bitfinex said those discussions are "in early stages" and "will likely take time to play out."
"The BFX tokens will remain outstanding until redeemed in full by Bitfinex or possibly exchanged" for shares of Bitfinex's owner, iFinex Inc., the company said in a statement.
#CityAlertPlus #CAPBusinessNews
Follow us on social media

Michael Phelps wins 19th Olympic gold, Katie Ledecky breaks record #CANNews


Michael Phelps produced a vintage performance to claim an astonishing 19th Olympic gold medal of his career on Sunday.
The 31-year-old, who quit the sport after the 2012 Games, was back with a bang in Rio as Team USA eased to victory in the 4x100 meters freestyle relay.
    Phelps, who produced a stunning second leg, has now won 23 medals in total, extending his record as the most decorated Olympian of all time.
    With son Boomer in attendance, Phelps did his kid proud, along with teammates Caleb Dressel, Ryan Held and Nathan Adrian.

    It was the second gold of the night for the U.S. after Katie Ledecky produced an astonishing performance to win gold in the 400m freestyle. The 19-year-old smashed her own world record to win in a time of 3:56.46 -- nearly five seconds ahead of her closest rival.

    Ledecky's previous best in the 400m was in August 2014, when she came home in 3:58.37 at the Pan Pacific Championships.
    But she tore that time to pieces to finish ahead of Britain's Jazz Carlin and U.S. teammate Leah Smith.
    A day after anchoring the U.S 4x100m relay team to silver, Ledecky showed just why she's being touted as the best female swimmer on the planet.
    Ledecky stunned the world at London 2012 by recording the second fastest 800m time in history at the age of just 15.
    She has now set 12 world records in the past four years and could yet add the 200m and 800m titles before she's done.
    Breaststroke sensation Adam Peaty earned Great Britain its first gold medal of the Games with a typically stylish performance.
    The 21-year-old smashed his own record to add the Olympic title to his world and European crowns.
    "It's so surreal to get Team GB's first gold," Peaty, the first British man to win gold in the pool since 1988, told BBC Sport.
    "I came out tonight and took the first 50 easy and came back with everything I have got.
    "I did it for my country and that means so much for me."
    In the first race of the evening, Sarah Sjostrom broke her own world record to become the first Swedish woman to win Olympic gold in the pool.
    The three-time world champion won the women's 100m butterfly after racing home in 55.48 seconds to finish ahead of 16-year-old Canadian Penny Oleksiak and U.S. defending Olympic champion Dana Vollmer.

    #CityAlertPlus #CAP 
    Follow us on social media

    Jamie Oliver and Wife Jools Welcome Their Fifth Child—See the First Photo of Their Baby Boy

    Congratulations are in order for Jamie Oliver and his family.
    The celebrity chef and his wife Jools Oliver welcomed their fifth child together this weekend.
    "And then this just happened guys!! IT'S A BABY BOY !!  Everyone in the Oliver family is very surprised and beyond happy. He arrived safely," the proud dad wrote on Instagram Sunday evening. "mum / @joolsoliver was really really amazing, unbelievably composed, natural birth and my two eldest girls got to come in at the very end as the baby was born which was amazing to witness."
    Their newest family member, who doesn't have a name just yet, weighed in at 8 lbs. As Jamie said, however, "that's 16 packs of butter for you bakers out there."

    Click here to see the new baby boy Jamie Oliver IG

    #CityAlertPlus #CAP 
    Follow us on social media