Wednesday, 5 July 2017

POSSIBLE TAXI STRIKE LOOMS #CAPnews

TODAY, Mzansi will know if the national taxi strike will be going ahead next Wednesday or not.
Santaco spokesman Thabiso Molelekwa said the association’s NEC met yesterday to discuss whether or not their grievances had been solved by previous strikes. 


If the organisation decides to go ahead with a strike, not a single taxi in the country will work.
Commuters will be left stranded and will be forced to find other transport. 

Last month, taxi operators brought areas of Gauteng to a standstill when they marched in Midrand. 

During the last strike, there were allegations that some taxi drivers hijacked trucks and used them to block highways, making life hard for motorists trying to get to work.

Molelekwa told the CAP on the run they were aware of the allegations. 

“We urge truck drivers to report incidents so a memorandum of grievances can be handed over to Santaco.” 

Molelekwa said if the strike went ahead, it would be peaceful. He urged the public to report any problems they might encounter with taxi drivers. 

He said complaints should be accompanied by proof such as photos, registration numbers and the numbers of taxis involved. 

Follow us on social media
@CityAlertPlus #CAPontheRUN 


Post a Comment

People also Read this Posts