The Acting President "Osinbajo" speaks after gunmen attacked Catholic Church in Anambra Nigeria #CAPondaRUN

Acting President Yemi Osinbajo condoled with bereaved families over the attack in Anambra  
Osinbajo said he had been receiving updates concerning the attack on a Catholic Church in Ozubulu, Anambra, He said he had the assurance that the perpetrators of the crime would be brought to justice Acting President Yemi Osinbajo has finally broken his silence a day after gunmen attacked the Catholic Church at Ozubulu, Anambra state reportedly killing many worshippers.

The Nigerian Police Force had announced that the attack was the result of a drug war that has existed for about three years and which reportedly started in South Africa. Osinbajo, who condoled with family members of the deceased, said he had been receiving briefings concerning investigations into the crime. 

Governor Obiano He declared that the perpetrators must be made to face the consequence of their crime which was committed on Sunday, August 6.

“I have been receiving regular updates on the status of investigations regarding the atrocious and mindless acts of violence yesterday at the St Philip Catholic Church Ozubulu in Anambra state where worshippers were viciously attacked and a number of innocent Nigerians killed and injured. 

“I have been in touch with the Anambra state Governor Willy Obiano, police authorities and other security agencies, and I have been assured that the perpetrators of the heinous crimes would be brought to justice. 

“To the families, relatives, friends of the victims, the entire people of the government of Anambra state, I am sorry for your loss, our hearts are with you, may God bring you comfort and bless the memories of your loved ones,” he said. 

One of the survivors of Anambra church killing, Loveth Gift, has narrated how some armed men invaded the church premises, killed some worshipers including his mother. It was gathered that Gift said through a Facebook post by Anyi Kings.

said that they were in the church on Sunday, August 6, around 6 am for morning mass when some men stormed the church premises and started shooting the worshipers.